Mission Accomplished 2015
Fleet Week San Diego offers something for everyone. In addition to demonstrating support of our active duty military, Fleet Week San Diego hosts our military men and women at many events that would normally be unavailable to them.
Thank you to our sponsors and donors who made it possible to provide tickets to major events for Sailors, Marines, Soldiers, Airmen, Coast Guardsmen and their families.
By The Numbers
In 2015, with the support of our sponsors, Fleet Week San Diego was able to provide the following:
- 600 active duty military families were hosted at a tailgate before the SDSU-USD football game and Sky Show
- 1,500 active duty military were hosted at the Fleet Week Football Classic
- 144 young enlisted men and women enjoyed a day of golf at Admiral Baker Golf Course
- 220 military honorees were hosted at the Enlisted Recognition Luncheon at Sea World
- 10,000 free tickets were given to military personnel and their families to attend the Coronado Speed Festival
The Coronado Festival allows families to come out and show their kids where and how the true racing began in San Diego and around the USA. Being up close, hearing the roar of the racing engines, talking with the drivers and the smell of the racing engines will be the beginning of the next Andretti, Boris Said of Sobe NO Fear Racing. Who knows but it’s the greatest local event in San Diego.
One very special moment I had was spending some time with Phil Hill, and his wife Alma, late one afternoon after most of the people had gone. We talked about some of the immaculate 1930’s era cars that were there. You could just feel the love that he had for these great machines.